Cleaning up your Child’s Environment
Use only natural fragrance free detergents and soaps. Do not dry clean clothes
Wear 100% cotton clothes and avoid flame retardants (they contain antimony)
Do not use perfumes and colognes
Avoid chlorine (use water filters in shower bath and kitchen)
Avoid chlorine pools if possible or wash off as soon as possible and use mag/sulfate cream after.
Avoid play equipment with pressure treated wood (contains CCA which = arsenic) The alternative ACQ treated wood is safer but does contain more copper that a lot of our children have too much of already.
Use fluoride free toothpaste (contains tin and titanium)
Fluoride is an acute toxin with a rating slightly higher than that of lead. According to "Clinical Toxicology of Commercial products," 5th Edition, 1984, lead is given a toxicity rating of 3 to 4, and Fluoride is rated at 4 (3 = moderately toxic, 4 = very toxic).
Eliminate use of thimerosal containing products (mercury)
Use aluminum-free baking powder, deodorant. Do not cook in aluminum foil or drink from aluminum cans. Use stainless steel and glass.
Do not use plastic to store food. Use Pyrex or glass.
Use natural shampoos, soaps and make-up (Avoid parabens)
Use natural carpet cleaners
DO NOT use pesticides – look at Integrative Pest Managment instead.
Resources for more information: